curl-and-python

Re: github mirror of pycurl CVS sources

From: Christopher Warner <cwarner_at_kernelcode.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 22:27:10 -0400

There is a github cvshead pycurl repo available here
https://github.com/christophwarner/PyCurl

There is no current release because it would take some dedication to make
that happen. It seems few people have anytime to come together to make that
so unfortunately. I'm not of the mindset that releasing older versions or
half-assing would be of any gain to the python community at large.

As always we need some comprehensive work and triage to make a release
happen.

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:05 PM, Richard Bullington-McGuire <
richard.bullington.mcguire_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> As part of some virtualenv integration work I'm working on for the gogogon
> project (https://github.com/blackstonetech/gogogon/) I needed an easily
> accessible source archive that pip could read in a requirements file. I
> ended up extracting the commits from CVS using 'git cvsimport' and I've
> pushed the resulting repository here:
>
> git://github.com/blackstonetech/gogogon.git
>
> The github project surrounding this is:
>
> https://github.com/blackstonetech/pycurl
>
> I'm wondering if a new release is forthcoming?
>
> The version of pycurl in Pypi is behind the latest released files on
> SourceForge, and there are bugs fixed in the CVS HEAD (such as the
> --static-libs issue mentioned here
> http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlpython-2010-03/0002.html ) that impair
> pycurl's usability on some platforms.
>

> --
> Richard Bullington-McGuire <richard.bullington.mcguire_at_gmail.com>
> PGP key IDs: RSA: 0x93862305 DH/DSS: 0xDAC3028E

Christopher Warner
http://cwarner.kernelcode.com