curl-and-python

Re: PyCurl Module looking for static lib

From: <johansen_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 13:39:04 -0700

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 07:56:24PM -0400, Christopher Warner wrote:
> Taking a look at setup.py I see the following at 99-101:
>
> libs = split_quoted(
>
> os.popen("'%s' --libs" % CURL_CONFIG).read()+\
>
> os.popen("'%s' --static-libs" % CURL_CONFIG).read())
>

> Is there any reason for this and if not can the dependency on a static lib
> be removed?

We patch this during our build of PyCurl. I sent out a patch for this
about a year ago.

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlpython-2009-04/0002.html

There are two patches in the e-mail. The one for setup fixes your
problem. The problem with reset wasn't quite fixed by the patch in the
above e-mail. IIRC, this is the right patch for the problem with reset:

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/curlpython-2009-04/0003.html

-j