curl-and-python

Re: should I be using pycurl

From: Khalil KHAMLICHI <kontactel.support_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:03:03 +0000

good morning,
i guess pycurl would do it, simply because pycurl carries the power of
python within itself. though it will be dificult for you to figure out
how to do it, you will need a lot of help in every step of the
process.
if you need a a suggestion for a simpler process you could use just a
linux utility called Curl in a python script like the example below :

start with a 'yum install curl' at you linux prompt
then here is an example :

#!/usr/bin/env python
import os
cmd="""/usr/bin/curl --compressed -m 2 -s --retry 0 --user-agent
"Mozilla/4.0" -d "firstname=%s&lastname=%s&address=%s&phone=%d"
http://www.testwebsite.com/form.php""" % (a, b, c, d)
result=os.popen(cmd)
print result.read()

from here you can test values of 'result' whether it contains the
correcr values or not.
well, this is simple enough to get you at least started, a few months
later i m sure you would have converted this script to pycurl which
does more magic.

hope this helps