curl-and-python

Re: initializing curl failed

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 15:45:26 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, SamG wrote:

> libcurl/7.12.1 OpenSSL/0.9.7d zlib/1.2.1.1 c-ares/1.2.0 libidn/0.5.4

It strucks me that the pycurl version number is missing from this output.

Also, I find it interesting that you have both c-ares and libidn supported, as
I believe most Windows builds don't.

> pycurl.error: initializing curl failed

> It seems there is a problem with the SSL version of PyCurl or .....

There is clearly some kind of error, but I have no really good suggestion on
how you should proceed to track it down and fix it.

I suspect this error code is because curl_easy_init() returns a NULL, which in
turn it only does when something really bad happens during init.