curl-and-python

Re: initializing curl failed

From: Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer <markus_at_oberhumer.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 08:20:41 +0200

On Sep 30 2004, samg samg wrote:
> I made a program which functions perfectly with
> Windows 2000 and XP, but on Windows 98, PyCurl is not
> able to be initialized in SSL version
> error: initializing curl failed
>
> if I run the same program with Pycurl without SSL, no
> error ...
>
> Why SSL version cannot be initialized with Windows 98 ?
> Did somebody already succeed in using this version
> with Windows 98 ?

I suspect that this problem could be actually a c-ares bug - you could verify
this by trying an older pycurl-ssl version like 7.11 which was built without
c-ares and libidn.

Furthermore fresh 7.12.2 binaries are available, this time linked against the
current c-ares CVS version. Maybe this solves the problem ?

Unfortunately I don't have Win98 around for testing...

Markus

--
Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer
oberhumer.com, http://www.oberhumer.com/