curl-and-php

Curl and recurring timeouts

From: Thomas Thomas <debussy007_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 15:00:52 +0200

Hi,

When I fetch data from google webpage for instance, I always get a lot of
timeouts. How often is difficult to say, sometimes for some period out of 5
requests I have one timeout, sometimes out of about 20, it varies a lot ...

*[http://www.google.be] 2012-09-01 14:49:26 => Curl error: Operation timed
out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received (28)*

I have a stable connection, if I use a browser like chrome and press 50
times on the refresh button, google webpage will never load more than 10
seconds.

How can that be explained? What might be the cause of all these timeouts?
How is cUrl different than an access from a browser?

PS, these are the options for cUrl:
*$options = array(*
* CURLOPT_FRESH_CONNECT => true,*
* CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT => 10,*
* CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 10,*
* CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER => true,*
* CURLOPT_USERAGENT =>*
* 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; fr; rv:1.9.2.10) Gecko/20100914
Firefox/3.6.10'*
*);*
*
*