curl-and-php

Re: PHP - CURL - Custom authentication script

From: Michael Gawrychowski <mgawrych_at_excelmicro.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:53:46 -0400

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:59 AM, David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> This and your code tells me you're still trying to find a shortcut with
> followlocation.
>
> Until you compare the 2 outputs (on paper, side by side) and make your
> script so that the verbose output mimics the FULL output of Live Headers,
> you may not find success for a long time. I would generate the code with
> multiple curl_exec (maybe 4 or more) changing the curlopt.... target,
> referer and post (T/F), etc to make the script request and get each page you
> see in Live Headers. It will lengthen your code, but probably shorten your
> time to success.

I got it to work! I realized that I don't have to extract the 3 auth
variables every time I submit the form. I copied them once from the
LiveHeaders output and it worked! The only fields that I modify based on a
request are the visible fields and dropdown menus. I still don't know why it
wouldn't work with these 3 weird fields but as long as it works....

THank you again for your help!

M.