curl-and-php

Re: PHP - CURL - Custom authentication script

From: David Colter <dolan2go_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:59:07 -0400

Michael,

> I don't quite understand this part. What do you mean by this? "The POST string must also MATCH."

Great question.

I compare line by line the output of Live Headers to the curl verbose. I do character by character comparison of the POST string. Like Daniel replying yesterday, the post string may not be encoded correctly.

> I did a test on the url you provided. The referer is changing from page to page or not even present.
>
> Ok

This and your code tells me you're still trying to find a shortcut with followlocation.

Until you compare the 2 outputs (on paper, side by side) and make your script so that the verbose output mimics the FULL output of Live Headers, you may not find success for a long time. I would generate the code with multiple curl_exec (maybe 4 or more) changing the curlopt.... target, referer and post (T/F), etc to make the script request and get each page you see in Live Headers. It will lengthen your code, but probably shorten your time to success.

I can't be of any more assistance in this part of the matter.

David