curl-and-php

Re: cURL version update

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 23:04:39 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Marcos Santos Junior wrote:

> in other words are you saying it's not possible upgrade phpcurl without
> recompiling php ?

Not exactly. The PHP/CURL module is served by the phpcurl DLL. That one is
possible to replace, afaiu. Thus you must be able to recompile and build
_that_ DLL, you don't necessarily have to recompile the entire PHP.

But this said, if you can rebuild the phpcurl DLL you can probably just as
well build the entire PHP...

Disclaimer: I'm talking slightly out of my league here and I may have gotten
some facts wrong.