curl-and-php

RE: Time-out changed?

From: YupLounge website analyse en optimalisatie <info_at_yuplounge.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:25:23 +0100

Maybe there is a problem with the DNS server. You say it yourself: "cURL
name lookup error"

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-01/0165.html or your other question

CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT sets a timeout for the "connect phase", which means
that if the timeout doesn't happen until curl has connected, it will not
time
out anything.

CURLOPT_TIMEOUT sets a timeout for the entire transfer, so if the transfer
is
still in progress when the timer times out, the the transfer is aborted.

Willem

  _____