curl-and-php

Re: Searching this list (was RE: trouble logging in)

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:16:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, haroon ahmad wrote:

> is it possible to use some relational database e.g MySQL instead of mbox
> files? because you know more than me the limitations of mbox files when we
> will conver the system to a user friendly online application lots of
> visitors will use it and which may cause problems of 'deadlock, file
> corruption (multiple tasks at the same time by different users) and also we
> will have ogranizational limits'
>
> if it is possible to use some relational database then I will highly prefer
> that.
>
> However if you want to stick with mbox files despite of the limitations then
> it is also acceptable for me :)
>
> hosting suits to you, either you can place the files on your side or I can
> host them too I have a very good package on a world famous hosting company I
> can use that for this application.

(sorry for the delayed response)

Well, currently I have mboxes and I have the output HTML files converted from
mboxes to HTML by hypermail. Of course everything is posssible but I'm not a
database guy so if you think converting the files to something else and
working with that is the better way... then please feel free to work on that!

How do you want to proceed? Would it be good enough if I provide a set of mbox
"examples" for you to work with, or have you any other preferred way?