curl-and-php

Re: trouble logging in

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:27:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007, haroon ahmad wrote:

> so either there are not much expert people attached with this mailing list
> or they wont bother to provide free help for such topics. But it doesnt mean
> i do not respect this mailing list or have any doubt in Daniel contribution
> , no doubt both are great and have contributed a lot.

This is an open source project, run and done by volunteers - primarily on
spare time. As many other open source projects, this is often done in an
scratch-yout-own-itch manner. ("This" being the PHP binding for libcurl, is
even the joint outcome of a whole range of projects and not just one...)

So, you get a great product for no money at all.

Lack of experts who reply? Perhaps, but then there's nobody to blame but to
each and every one of us who are here. We are the community.

I would say that most often the reason that there's no reply is that the
question is badly put. Like in the case with our friend "fbsd2", he posts
multi kilobyte logdumps and demands that we take a lot of time and solves his
problems. He knows how to use curl fine, he just hasn't been able to do the
right combos to make his use-case go through.

Contributors have donated thousands of man hours for free. This person can't
even be bothered to spend a few extra minutes to trim down his mails or to
extract the exact specific question, but instead he DEMANDS that we spend
another 30 minutes or one hour or so to read every singly huuuuuge-log posts
he makes here.

I respond to all specific questions that I know the answers to. I decline to
spoon-feed users who can't be bothered to do their homework.

And I don't use PHP/CURL...