curl-and-php

Mimicking POST to PayPal

From: Adam Burgoyne <adam_at_burgoyne.me.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:02:09 +0100

Hi Mark - I already know about PayPal's on-site options for creating the
forms but that's not what I'm after.

I have a number of products and a selection of prices so I need to create
the forms my end. It would be very easy to produce the form with a PayPal
button and simply allow the user to submit the form themselves but that
leaves the opportunity for the transaction to be compromised.

The only options open to me are to:-

1) use PayPal's encrypted forms - not practical :-(

2) create a payment page and use Java-script in the OnLoad() event to submit
it - not guaranteed to function :-(

3) POST the data directly to PayPal

Unfortunately, only option 3 has any merit but, having spent several hours
trawling the web today, no-one has posted anything that actually works.
I've looked at countless examples at the PHP site and also at
Experts-Exchange and Zend.com plus a host of other sites but there's nothing
I've found that does the job. The last bunch of comments I found all made
reference to cURL but even the cURL example I found didn't work :-(

This is really my last-ditch attempt to find a solution.