curl-and-php

RE: freeing system resources when forgot to use curl_close

From: Bush, Noel <Noel.Bush_at_mtvnmix.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 09:31:53 -0500

Another clue: If I use command line curl to make a request to the
"problem" URLs using IP addresses instead of hostnames, I get a response
right away. So this makes me think it's even more likely that there's
some cache or connection pool that's filled with objects associated with
those URLs that isn't getting cleaned up, even when the apache process
is restarted. Possible? And is there any way to empty that cache,
short of getting someone to restart all apache processes or restarting
the machine?

Thanks again!
Noel