curl-and-php

Install extension curl with php on slackware linux

From: Tony Savarese <curl_at_TonySavarese.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 23:06:45 -0500 (CDT)

I am using a slackware distrubution 10.1.
I am running curl 7.12.0 and php 4.3.7.
curl is not being loaded as an extension to php.
when running phpinfo(), curl is not displayed.
can not locate a configure command to recompile php.
there is no line in php.ini for curl, not even a commented one.
Tried adding "extension=libcurl.so" with libcurl.so in the extension
directory. This did not work.
Looking at intall log for php, "configure" was not added to my hard drive.
Can anyone help me get curl setup as an extension to php.
I am not aware of all the other options running with php so I want to be
careful about changing anything else. Just was to add curl extension
without changing any other part of this unknown configuration of php.
I prefer to fix this manually.

- Tony Savarese
    (817) 265-6435