curl-and-php

Re: help me explain PHP/CURL

From: Michael Wallner <mike_at_iworks.at>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 13:28:27 +0100

Hi Daniel Stenberg, you wrote:

> I've finally realized I need to do something to imform the masses about
> PHP/CURL and how PHP/CURL is not curl nor libcurl and what the
> differences are.
>
> I'm quite fed up with people looking for "php_curl.dll" (and similar
> confusions) on the curl web site and then whining on me for making a
> site they cannot grasp.
>
> I realize the PHP people will never get around to provide proper docs,
> and even if they would, I can't just sit waiting for others to do
> something. I want to act on my own.

Uhm... I think that http://php.net/curl is quite elaborative, but I may be biased :)
Though, one reason might be that you host a php-curl mailing list...
Seriously, Daniel, I don't think that lack of docs is the issue but the
high popularity of PHP and libcurl and ever growing base of "new users"
without any clue. If people ask you for a php_curl.dll, they just didn't
read a single sentence on any page you mentioned above...

Sadly,

--
Michael - <mike(@)php.net> http://dev.iworks.at/ext-http/http-functions.html.gz