curl-and-php

Re: How to Pass Variables with HTTPHEADER?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:09:02 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Carissa McNaught wrote:

> I am using CURL to post ot an external system, and one of the requirements
> of the system is that when you finish posting it has to go to a URL say
> manage.jsp?PAGE_NUMBER=1

"go to" means do a GET I presume? So you need to first POST and then GET?

> I can't seem to get HTTPHEADER to set the Location: properly

Are you talking about CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER here? If so, you're way off. That is
for *sending* headers to the server. Sending Location: to the server won't do
anything good.

> so that the FOLLOWLOCATION will follow the header

FOLLOWLOCATION follows *received* Location: headers that is sent from the
server and received by libcurl.

> that I have sent rather than the default Location: header being sent from
> the server.

Then don't follow the location, use a second GET request.