curl-and-php

Re: 1) curl "Segmentation fault" with --trace 2) curl and PHP problem

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:33:31 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 11 Oct 2004, Harry Fearnley wrote:

> I run curl(*) from the (Fedora Core2 Linux) command line. If I use
> "--trace" I get a segmentation fault, but only if I have --trace (or
> --trace-ascii) set, and _both_ -b and -c also set -- see below:

This may sound harsh, but if you can't repeat this with the most recent
version of curl I'm not very interested. I have far too little time already,
so spending that on chasing bugs in old releases is not considered.

Of course, someone else could (theoreticly) pick up the glove.

> I have a sequence of curl command lines that do work, and that upload a file
> to a server. If I use exactly the same command lines from PHP (v 4.3.8),
> but they fail.

That sounds very weird. I suggest you use --trace extensively to detect
differences.