curl-and-php

Re: CURL, POST an Cookies???- AGAIN!!!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel-curl_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:53:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Alexei Zoubov wrote:

> I REALLY need help - does anybody has any idea?
>
> $post_arr = array (username =>'alexeiz' ,password =>'GOVNO');
> $c = curl_init('http://www.sampledomain.com/login.php');
> curl_setopt($c,CURLOPT_VERBOSE,1);
> curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $post_arr);
> curl_setopt($c,CURLOPT_COOKIE,'username=alexeiz; password='GOVNO');
> curl_setopt($c, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
> $page = curl_exec($c);
> curl_close($c);
>
> This script does login correctly. But it also supposed to set cookies
> on the client that triggers this script and it does NOT!

This script does not "set cookies on the client". It passes cookies to the
server. Nothing else.

> These cookies are needed so in the next CURL call the client can access
> other pages at www.sampledomain.com that require these cookies to authorize
> the client.

Then you need to post those cookies in the next request, not in this one.

> Is there anything wrong here, and if it is, how to achieve this goal?

Something is wrong since you can't make it work. I don't think it is a bug in
curl though.

 [[ Do not post private mails to this email address. They won't reach me. ]]