curl-and-php

Re: any hopes for Curl?

From: Laurie Barker <laurie_at_oneuponedown.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:01:46 +0100

On 12/08/2003 17:46 you wrote:
> I would really love to use Curl... but I think that I have no hope
> of that possibility coming true... PHP is not compiled with curl...
> and I have no root access to install curl... I have looked into this a
> bit, and see no hopes... should I ury my hopes or does this possibility
> still live... ???

If PHP can access the command line via exec (or similar) - not safe mode
etc, and curl is installed on your server you could use the following:

exec("curl -si <URL>",$DATA,$ERROR_NO);

First part is command line curl call... you may have to include the whole
path to curl, $DATA will contain all of the page in an array and if an error
happens $ERROR_NO will contain the curl error number.

Ps. Make sure you read the docs re exec and security etc.