curl-and-php

Re: send binary string directly without tmp. file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 14:22:06 +0200 (MET DST)

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, akorthaus_at_web.de wrote:

> >libcurl itself offers this, it is just a matter of making the PHP module use
> >the correct primitives.
> >
> Thatīs what I tried before, I opened curl.exe from php(using popen())

That's not what I meant. The PHP/CURL module uses libcurl, it does not use
the curl command line utility. libcurl offers more and greater flexibility
than PHP currently takes advantage from. This can be fixed.

Using the curl command line might be another option, but I don't think this
particular case can be solved that way.

> A second probem was, that the binarydata was changed during transmission,
> so somewhere the "end of lines" were "rewritten", I donīt know why and
> where, but I could not read the binary in the end.(sorry for this terrible
> english, I hope you can understand me)

That sounds like a windows-sickness. Anyway, doing it this way won't solve
this problem for you.