curl-and-php

Re: send binary string directly without tmp. file

From: <akorthaus_at_web.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:48:40 +0200

>>In my PHP-script I have got a binarystring(gzip). Is it possible to send it
>>directly?
>>

>I don't think it is. The last time I checked the curl module source code, it
>did not provide enough functionality for this feature.
>
>libcurl itself offers this, it is just a matter of making the PHP module use
>the correct primitives.

Thatīs what I tried before, I opened curl.exe from php(using popen())
and so on - and it worked, but the first problem is that I cannot use
the shell reading and writing at the same time, so I first write the
binarystring to stdin of curl and after that reading what curl gives
back is not possible, only if I write the curl-output to a file again ;-)

A second probem was, that the binarydata was changed during
transmission, so somewhere the "end of lines" were "rewritten", I donīt
know why and where, but I could not read the binary in the end.(sorry
for this terrible english, I hope you can understand me)

Thank You!

Rgds.

Andreas