curl-and-php

Re: [win32] php-curl does not send correct multipart/form-data

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 14:17:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2002, akorthaus_at_web.de wrote:

> but if I would like to use an array like
>
> $formvars["test"] = "blabla";
>

> I get
>
> [_POST] => Array
> (
> [testııııİİİİİİİİ ] => blabla
> )
>
> What the hell is ııııİİİİİİİİ ?

That is a string without a zero termination.

[snip]

> but why? What is going wrong here? I need to use multipart/form-data
> because I would like to transfer a binary string later on, but there is the
> same Problem. It must have something to do with the array.
>
> I don't know where to look for a solution so I asked hier, I hope you can
> help me!

This has already been reported to the PHP guys (as this is a problem in the
PHP/CURL module, not in libcurl), and they have fixed it:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=17963

It says "Fixed in CVS" on July 10 though, so I really can't tell in which
version this works and in which it does not.

Hope it helps.

No, I'm not a PHP hacker.