curl-and-php

Curl crashes with unresolved floatdidf on Solaris

From: Bob Pickles <curl_at_primechoice.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 09:12:09 -0400

Hi folks,

I see a few posts related to my problem, and I [think] i've tried all
the remedies/suggestions.

Curl seems to have compiled and installed properly. I can curl -o
http... with no problems and I can compile and execute my own test C
program that essentially does the same thing. I have spent a few hours in
the list and I "thing" I have tried the suggested remedies. I'm obviously
missing something.

When I rebuild php with the --with-curl and start apache starts it fails
when libcurl.so loads complaining about floatdifd.

Suggested remedies that I have tries:
(more information at bottom of e-mail)

Added \"-R usrlocal/lib\" to my apache makefiles. (I put this in the
LD_EXTRA defines in config.tmp and made sure that it propagated through the
Makefile's.

Added usrlocal/lib to etcld.so.conf

Made sure I'm using GCC linker:
GNU ld version 2.11.2 (with BFD 2.11.2)
Supported emulations:
elf32_sparc
elf64_sparc

I know this shouldn't be a biggy or there would be many other posts. I
suspect it is a Solaris or a Pickles (me) thing. ANY help is much
appreciated. I'm pretty desperate to get curl working (aren't we all).

Bob

Extra Info:

curl configure stuff:
Nothing. Just plain ./configure from the command prompt.

apache configure stuff:
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/src/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/src/lib:/usr/local/lib
env LIBS=/usr/lib/libC.so.5 CFLAGS=-fPIC SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.6c
./configure \
--enable-shared=max \
--enable-module=so \
--prefix=/web/httpd \
--enable-suexec \
yada yada yada

Apache src/Configure.tmpl change
EXTRA_CFLAGS=
EXTRA_LDFLAGS= -R /usr/local/lib
EXTRA_LIBS=
EXTRA_INCLUDES=
EXTRA_DEPS=

PHP configure stuff:
CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/src/include
LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/src/lib:/usr/local/lib
env LIBS=/usr/lib/libC.so.5 CFLAGS=-fPIC ./configure \
--with-apxs=/web/httpd/bin/apxs \
--enable-versioning \
--enable-exif \
--with-mcrypt \