curl-and-php

Re: SSL disabled via PHP, but not from command line

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:48:56 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Eric J Schwinder wrote:

> I get this error when I try to use cURL to post to an https server from a
> PHP script: "Error: libcurl was built with SSL disabled, https: not
> supported!" But when I go to a command line, and connect to the https:
> server using the curl command, it works just fine.
>
> This lead me to believe that there are two different versions of curl
> compiled on the server. From the command line, I used curl --version,
> which produced this:
>
> curl 7.9.8 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl 7.9.8 (OpenSSL 0.9.6b)
>
> I then brought up a phpinfo() page, scrolled down to the curl section,
> and saw that it says "libcurl 7.9.4"

That does indeed indicate two different versions, so then it isn't that
strange that they work differently.

You'll need to figure out where the 7.9.8 is installed and you need to
recompile PHP to use that. I bet you have a curl-config tool installed as
well, that can tell you which path that was used when curl was installed.