curl-and-php

RE: Domain resolution problem

From: David Johns <djohns_at_culturejam.tv>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:03:35

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 17:10:35 -0800, Dan Brown wrote:

> We discovered that cURL ran fine
> from the shell, but wouldn't accept commands from the browser. It seems that
> Libcurl was required, as this provides PHP the functions it needs

But Libcurl's a standard part of curl isn't it, so as long as you compile PHP --with-curl it should be in there?

> Not only that, but we also discovered that PHP 4.0.x seems to have
> problems executing programs on the server.
> they ended up installing PHP 4.1.0 as it fixes this issue.

I also upgraded to PHP-4.1.1 because I saw some other comments about 4.0.6 having problems with curl but I still get domain resolution
errors. I'm getting round it by running curl on the command line with exec() now but I'd rather not...

Thanks anyway,

David Johns
culturejam.tv - video and audio optimised for the web
Nudity! Violence! And a microbilling pay-per-view solution!
See it all at http://www.salmondays.tv

e: djohns_at_culturejam.tv
t: +44 (0) 20 8979 7600
f: +44 (0) 20 8979 8140

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) (the "intended recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily be the views of Culturejam TV. Any copyright in this message shall remain vested in Culturejam TV and the intended recipient may only copy the same for internal business purposes or as otherwise stated in this message. culturejam limited registered number 04147310