curl-and-php

New Test of installation

From: Richard Ford <curl_at_cubok.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 20:53:49 +1000

I ran my 'stand alone' PHP again. same as my apache one - but not
configured with the --with-apache switch..

I get the following when I run it.

[root_at_devlinux bin]# ./php < /usr/local/apache/htdocs/test2.php

PHP Warning: Unable to load dynamic library './libcurl.so' - ./libcurl.so:
cannot open shared object file:
No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">

<HTML>

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Welcome to XYZ Corporation</TITLE>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="0">
</HEAD>
<snip>

Blah, blah, blah it returns a web page, as this test2.php file has the basic
get page sample code as found ont he homepage in it.

Now it would appear that curl is working, as PHP ran, recognised some weird
command (Curl) and ran it and the results are what it is supposed to do -
fetch a web site.

But those strange messages first hand?

I assume they have something to do with sharing access, libtool and what
not - having had some rude encounters with shared libraries recently when
trying to get mcrypt to compile into PHP and get apache to then compile -
with various versions of the same library that apache needs one ver and
mcrypt another!

Now is the above a possible cause as to why apache with php is not working -
but php with curl and no apache is?

Should I copy the libcurl libs to /usr/lib? Or some similar action?

Cheers,
Richard.