Re: Newline escape sequence with -F

From: Jeremy Nicoll via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 23:43:44 +0100

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020, at 03:21, Alex Ahn via curl-users wrote:
> Thanks. I tried ^ with both %0A and \n with -F. No success. For some
> reason -F won't cooperate when it comes to sending messages to a
> Discord channel.

(Whatever that is.)

Can you give an example of the whole command line (with anything
confidential xxx-ed out) of what you were trying to do?

If it's providing a form field value that spans multiple lines, does it
work if you put the multiline text in a file and tell curl to read the
value from the file?

I wonder also if it's completely clear what command curl saw, after
command.com had (maybe) mangled it. Did you use curl's verbose
or trace options to see if the command you expected had reached
curl?

I don't know if there's a way to tell curl not to go ahead and try the
communication with a server, ie just to get as far as seeing what
parameters reached curl.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.