RE: Where did curl find that certificate?

From: Tony Lewis via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 18:53:49 -0700

> First: note that curl-users is the mailing list for the curl tool.

Sorry about that.

> This sounds like the AddTrust issue?

Yes. Now that I know what I'm looking for, that is precisely the issue I
encountered.

> What TLS library and version are you using?

OpenSSL 1.0.2o 27 Mar 2018

> > Is there something more I need to do besides adding the correct
certificate
> > to CApath to get curl to use the new certificate?
>
> If we exclude problems with the TLS libraries, no there's nothing else.

I'm still unsure why adding the correct certificate to CURLOPT_CAINFO does
not resolve the problem.

While I've been working on this, the ISP appears to have done something to
resolve the problem on the production system. I guess I can just turn off
peer verification on my development system.

Tony