Re: curl on embedded device

From: Rainer Canavan via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 17:03:11 +0200

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 7:47 AM Thomas Schmiedl via curl-users
<curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> maybe someone can help me. I try to download a ts-file from Youtube
> (e.g. from this livestream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2ARbcgQN1s).
> The download works on my Debian 10-PC, but not in a chroot'ed Debian 10
> on the router (mips).
>
> Background is, I use xupnpd2-mediaserver to transfer some HLS-streams to
> the TV in combination with haproxy (reverse proxy) for the https-support
> (xupnpd2 doesn't support https). In haproxy it's the same behaviour like
> curl for the Youtube-download. Thanks for your help.

You'll have to compare the output of curl -v succeeding and failing
the download. Have you considered using youtube-dl instead? Maybe
with a "fake" ffmpeg script specified via --ffmpeg-location to move
the video chunks to wherever you need them?

Is that a Debian chroot on a FritzBox, or have you moved to another device?

rainer