Curl output file not created when used with external tool

From: Hemant Tank via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 17:56:24 +0530

*Overview*: We use an off the shelf mapping tool to do our data mapping
(creation of JSON files, etc). We then use that tool to call an exe in
order to have Curl post the JSON file to the API. This is working great,
with the exception of being able to get the output file created (to show us
the results of the API connection). When we run the exe from the command
line the output file gets created successfully, but when we run the exact
same command by calling it from our other tool, the output file doesn’t get
created. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

We’ve the following curl command to process the PUT API call. We use a
request file and we intend to produce a response output file (to monitor
the webAPI result) and a trace log (for debugging purposes).

curl --request PUT "https://client.mirakl.net//api/orders/order101/tracking" ^
-d @"D:\HSG\Test\PUTOR23\order101.json" ^
-o "D:\HSG\Test\PUTOR23\Output\order101_out.txt" ^
--trace-ascii "D:\HSG\Test\PUTOR23\Outputorder101_TRACE.txt"

This command works fine from command line (both output and trace files are
produced).

But when we execute the exact same command from our mapping tool it is not
producing the output file (the Trace file does get updated successfully).
Curl is able to read the request data file and it also produces the trace
file. But for some reason the output file is NOT generated.

We’ve tried -o, -O and console redirect > options but none seems to produce
the output file when called from our mapping tool.