Disable DNS over HTTPS (DoH) on command line

From: dumblob via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 17:18:13 +0100

Hi,

is there any way to enforce DoH not being used under no circumstances
by the command line tool "curl"? I could not find any way to achieve
the desired effect (not even tricks with LD_PRELOAD etc.).

Primary motivation could be different concerns (e.g. centralization
and others outlined in
https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/09/25/centralised-doh-is-bad-for-privacy-in-2019-and-beyond/
.

If there is no way to achieve this, I'll fill a feature request ("bug
report") on https://github.com/curl/curl/issues .

Note, this thread is not about discussing whether or not DoH is good
or not, but just plain yeas/no debate how to completely disable DoH on
command line).

Regards,

dumblob