Re: Opinions on the naming of a new option?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2019 19:08:24 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 17 Nov 2019, Jan Stary via curl-users wrote:

>> Soon, when doing parallel transfers (-Z) to the same host name with more
>> than one transfer, the curl tool will prefer that the second transfer waits
>> for the first connection to be established to then see if it can perform the
>> second transfer multiplexed over that same connection. Thus ideally using
>> fewer connections when possible.
>
> What does it mean for a transfer to be "multiplexed over" a connection?

It means that the second transfer will be done using the same physical TCP
connection as the first transfer is already using. Ie two transfers over the
same single connection. Or three, or four... etc. If the conditions for that
are right.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me