Re: cURL error 4

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 15:23:23 -0400

On 10/29/2018 1:46 PM, Gary Kuznitz wrote:
> I'm using curl.exe in windows 7 with Wordpress.
> In Wordpress, I'm getting an error saying:
> Download failed. cURL error 4: OpenSSL was built
> without SSLv3 support
>
> Does anyone know how to fix this? Or who I might go to
> to figure it out?
> I realize I'm not supposed to be using SSLv3. I'm
> amazed Wordpress is trying to use it. Maybe there is a
> setting in Wordpress to stop using it?
>
> I'm using:
> Curl.exe
> File version 7.61.1.0
> Product name The curl executable
> Productversion 7.61.1
> Copyright ©1996 - 2018 Daniel Stenberg.
> <daniel_at_haxx..
> Size 806 KB
> Date modified 9/5/2018 2:25 PM
> Language English (United States)
> Originalfilename curl.exe

Wordpress uses the curl tool (curl.exe)? I'm surprised I would've
guessed they use php/curl. The option that causes that error is -3 aka
--sslv3 [1]. To stop Wordpress from using SSLv3 remove that option from
the command line. Where to do that in Wordpress I don't know, you will
probably need to ask them.

[1]: https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html#-3