curl -u problem escaping special chars in password

From: Leo Lagos <leo.lagos_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2018 16:03:49 -0300

Hi,
I've being testing some REST API with curl, and today I was given a
different api-specific user to use. Problem is the password has some
special chars.

Now, this GET request works fine with my personal user. So method is OK.
Also, this "apiuser" works fine in Postman.

However, in curl I've been unable to figure out the correct escaping for -u:
$ curl -stderr -u "apiuser:jsd2018%##" -G http://*****
AUTHENTICATION_DENIED</p>

However, in Postman, I can see the correct result using same user/password.

{
    "size": 2,
    "start": 0,
    "limit": 50,
    "isLastPage": true,
   "values": [
    ]
}

So, could someone please help me figure out the obvious error I'm making?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,