Re: Idea: master/client concept

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 09:18:05 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018, Richard Gray wrote:

> Scripting curl from the inside out (Re: curl the next few years)
> https://curl.haxx.se/mail/archive-2014-06/0022.html
>
> It proposes adding a --exec <program> option which would specify a program
> (script) to be invoked after a transfer to analyze the result of the just
> completed transfer and optionally start a new one.
>
> Obviously, the m-c concept is more flexible and straight forward to use.
> Suggestions (sorry no time to mess with wiki):

I think m-c has a benefit that existing scripts could be adjusted to take
advantage of it with very little extra editing. That's one of the primary
beauties of it. Another being that we don't have to create much new syntax or
anything. It'll basically be like using curl normally, but with some added
super powers like easier use of persistent connections etc.

I used the rest of your ideas and expanded the wiki page:

   https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/curl-tool-master-client

Thanks!