Re: What to ask ourselves this year?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 23:56:50 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 5 May 2017, Jeremy Nicoll via curl-users wrote:

> How much do you care about people who are not willing to make an effort?

Well, I don't really see it as a binary thing.

Some people provide brilliant feedback and help. We want that. We want the
project accessible and friendly to newbies.

Is the bar we have today at a suitable level so that we don't miss out on
help or would we as a project benefit from lowering the bar? If so, what does
it mean to lower the bar.

We still need to have the communication channels work for all regulars and
existing developers who are already part of this community. We cannot change
the conditions too much to cater for newcomers so that we risk losing
old-timers.