Re: What to ask ourselves this year?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 23:56:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 8 May 2017, David Niklas wrote:

> My problem with online surveys is that they open and close so fast and
> unless you are looking to fill one in, you often times don't know that it
> even started and ended until someone publishes the results. This happens to
> me with the linuxquestions and opensuse surveys almost every year.

My plan is two have this one open for 14 days, two full weeks (starting some
time around mid/end of May). I figure that should be enough time to reach out.
What do you consider "so fast" ? (Previous surveys have been open for 10 days
I believe.)

The stats from previous years have shown that we get very few extra input
after the first few days after reaching out. The problem is rather to really
reach out and find the users and make them interested enough to actually spend
a little of their precious time on us. I think extending the time is valuable
if we think that extra time can be used to reach out to more
people/communities.