Re: Adding "OPTIONS *" support, what to call the option?

From: Jacob Champion via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2017 16:16:14 -0700

[resending due to a subscription mistake on my part; apologies for any
duplicates]

On 05/04/2017 09:01 AM, Dan Fandrich wrote:
> --path-as-is plus a new --skip-path-slash (maybe --strip-path-slash?)
might
> just do it.

If an --options option seemed "needlessly specific", this feels
needlessly general to me. What other use case do people have for
"skipping the first slash in a path"?

Are there other supported URI schemes that also have this concept of
"retrieve metadata for the server I'm talking to"? They could all use
the same option.

--Jacob