Re: Add more compiler flags

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 02:00:30 -0400

On 9/19/2016 6:43 PM, Cornel Punga wrote:
> I want to build curl on Debian 8 x64, using source code from Git with
> more compiler flags. Where should I add the flags?

Are you aware of CFLAGS? Also you will have to run ./buildconf before
you run ./configure if you are building from the repo. So it will look
something like this:

./buildconf
CFLAGS="-Wall -Wextra" \
CPPFLAGS="-I/some/dir/to/include" \
LDFLAGS="-first-opt -second-opt" \
./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl --etc
make # or do it verbose to see how the compiler is invoked: make V=1
make test
sudo make install

Note configure may convert CPPFLAGS -I to -isystem so those directories
are actually checked after -I directories specified by configure.

Also see https://curl.haxx.se/docs/install.html