Re: build-openssl.bat script not working with openSSL 1.1.0

From: Ray Satiro via curl-users <curl-users_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 14:39:07 -0400

On 9/7/2016 2:06 PM, Christien Groff wrote:
> I am building the latest version of cURL (7.50.2) and figured I would update openSSL at the same time (to version 1.1.0). My previous compilations have used the curl\projects\build-openssl.bat script While that script still works with version 1.0.2h, when trying to use it with openSSL 1.1.0, after the configuration portion of the script runs, I get the following errors:

I can confirm that. I don't think a lot of us on Windows are using 1.1.0
yet so you may see some issues, and if you do please report them. Also
see https://github.com/curl/curl/issues/984

> I haven't change any of my configuration with Visual Studio, Perl or anything else required for the build. So I am not certain why it won't work with the new version of openSSL. I'm also not sure if I should be asking this here, or on an OpenSSL list/forum.

You're asking at the right place, build-openssl is a convenience script
for Windows users that is part of the curl project. I'm looking into
fixing it.