build-openssl.bat script not working with openSSL 1.1.0

From: Christien Groff <Christien.Groff_at_irdinc.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 18:06:02 +0000

I am building the latest version of cURL (7.50.2) and figured I would update openSSL at the same time (to version 1.1.0). My previous compilations have used the curl\projects\build-openssl.bat script While that script still works with version 1.0.2h, when trying to use it with openSSL 1.1.0, after the configuration portion of the script runs, I get the following errors:

'ms\do_ms' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'ms\nt.mak' not found
Stop.

NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'ms\ntdll.mak' not found
Stop.

I haven't change any of my configuration with Visual Studio, Perl or anything else required for the build. So I am not certain why it won't work with the new version of openSSL. I'm also not sure if I should be asking this here, or on an OpenSSL list/forum.

Thanks!