Re: Pruning the download page

From: Rich Gray <rgray_at_plustechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 19:39:29 -0400

Bill Mercer wrote:
> Personally I like having the history there, especially for older platforms.
> I would suggest you keep the last available version for each platform until a new one is built.
>
> Maybe you could create a cURL graveyard for dead versions, and when we need one we can exhume it from there?

There are probably legitimate reasons for people to want to find legacy
versions such as testing or resuscitating a system. Obviously needs to be
done with a knowledge that the version isn't secure, etc.

Could your script make two pages, one "current" and one of all releases?
The "current" page would have a link to the "all" page. The "all" page
would have warnings about lack of support, insecure, use at your own risk, etc.

Rich