Re: curl m3u8 files (IPTV over curl socks proxy)

From: GNUser <gnuser_at_openmailbox.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 23:34:02 +0000

Hello

Well, yes I suppose m3u8 are list files. BUT vlc and mplayer play them
as multimedia. So, I suppose they are possible to "read" in a way that
we would download a video file (like streaming). Can curl do it?

Another option I have is rtmp links. Apparently curl supports those but
not always... in fact most of the rtmp links I throw at it it fails to
download (as in it will just stand there, counting seconds and not even
creating any traffic).

I can't try it right now, so I am unable to give more info at the
moment, but still leave this question, does anyone usually play rtmp
links over curl? How does it go?

Thanks!

Daniel Stenberg: