Re: zero bytes transfers and issue #382

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 11:14:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015, Jim Young wrote:

> My suggestion would be to by default return to the previous behavior of not
> creating zero length files and add a new option to allow it.  (In spite of
> the option "bloat" that Danial mentioned.)

I'm leaning towards this as well. But since we probably want to toggle the
behavior the same for both -o and -O, I consider adding a flag call
--allow-empty or something like that, instead of adding separate -o/-O
alternatives. If used it would save zero-byte files, if not used it would not
save zero-byte files.