Re: Curl and HTTP/2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 23:59:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, Bisera Milosheska wrote:

Please stop the top-posting!

> $ openssl version
> OpenSSL 1.0.2-beta2 22 Jul 2014
>
> Running
>
> $ ./configure --with-ssl or even
>
> $ LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/ssl/lib ./configure --with-ssl

Did you get the new OpenSSL installed with shared libraries? You should then
be able to build curl like this:

   ./configure --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl

Just setting the -L in LDFLAGS is not enough as the compiler also needs the
includes etc.

> Also, when I specify the path of OpenSSL in the option
> --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl/bin/openssl, the configuration is done but SSL
> support is still not enabled.

--with-ssl wants the install prefix, not the full path to the openssl
executable. curl won't even use the openssl exectable for anything.