Re: Curl and HTTP/2

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 20:05:29 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 22 Aug 2014, Bisera Milosheska wrote:

> Git clone installs the version 7.35.0

Oh no it isn't! The git clone should give you the latest code from the git
repo, it will currently call itself 7.38.0-DEV since it is the to-become
released version in a few weeks.

Did you get it off github.com/bagder/curl ?

You can optionally download a daily snapshot from
http://curl.haxx.se/snapshots/ if you prefer that instead of using git!

> it even shows the error 'curl: (1) Unsupported protocol’ when I run the curl
> command with —http2 option.

Then you lacked a few requirements to enable http2 in the build. Do you have
openssl and http2 development files (most notably headers) installed?

> Is there an even newer version than this one? And if there is, where can I
> find it?

We have the current development code that will be made a public release on
September 10.