"Authentication failed" when trying to connect to Imap account

From: Beatrix Willius <bwillius_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 16:32:48 +0200

Hi,

Curl newbie here. I'm trying to connect to one of my Imap test accounts via Curl. It's works fine when using Python's imaplib, but Curl gives me an "Authentication failed" error. The server I'm trying to connect to a plain vanilla Kerio server.

Using Mac OS 10.9.4, Curl on Xojo via MBS plugin.

Here is the output from Curl:

Rebuilt URL to: imap://macsend.de/
Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
  Trying 46.253.112.9...
Connected to macsend.de (46.253.112.9) port 143 (#0)
* OK Kerio Connect 8.3.0 IMAP4rev1 server ready
A001 CAPABILITY
* CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 IDLE ACL LITERAL+ UIDPLUS QUOTA ID SORT ANNOTATE ANNOTATEMORE STATUS-COUNTERS UNSELECT LISTEXT NAMESPACE XLIST SPECIAL-USE STARTTLS AUTH=CRAM-MD5 AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN AUTH=DIGEST-MD5
A001 OK CAPABILITY completed
A002 AUTHENTICATE DIGEST-MD5
+ cmVhbG09Im1haWwubWFjc2VuZC5kZSIsbm9uY2U9IjJCdXNneERWOGtWaExsc0MvbVhCaEE9PSIscW9wPSJhdXRoIixhbGdvcml0aG09bWQ1LXNlc3M=
dXNlcm5hbWU9ImJ3IixyZWFsbT0ibWFpbC5tYWNzZW5kLmRlIixub25jZT0iMkJ1c2d4RFY4a1ZoTGxzQy9tWEJoQT09Iixjbm9uY2U9ImRiZjQ5ODU3IixuYz0iMDAwMDAwMDEiLGRpZ2VzdC11cmk9ImltYXAvbWFpbC5tYWNzZW5kLmRlIixyZXNwb25zZT1iNDM0MDllN2YxNjM1MmY5N2RjNzQ3ZDMwMmM5ZDI1ZA==
A002 NO Authentication failed
Authentication failed: 78
Closing connection 0

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals