Re: Uploding large files on Windows fails consistently

From: Sandeep Sastry <sandeep.a.sastry_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:26:49 +0400

Hi,

This is in continuation to a very old mail. It took so long to reply
because I had to take permission from my company to share the URL and
credentials (public cloud domain) where anyone can try the below command
and see the results for themselves.

Recap: I am trying to upload a file greater than 1Gb from a windows 7
client (64 bit) using the curl version ( mentioned below) which works fine,
but if I introduce low speed time out with 120 secs and for low transfer
rate of 10 bytes, the upload fails with operation timeout (error 28)
consistently.

Strangely I do not see this problem on Linux and Mac when I enable low
speed/time settings . I am not able to conclude if it is a problem with the
Windows OS handling of sockets or an issue with curl.

curl --version

curl 7.35.0 (x86_64-pc-win32) libcurl/7.35.0 OpenSSL/1.0.1f zlib/1.2.8
WinIDN libssh2/1.4.3

Protocols: dict file ftp ftps gopher http https imap imaps ldap pop3 pop3s
rtsp

scp sftp smtp smtps telnet tftp

Features: AsynchDNS GSS-Negotiate IDN IPv6 Largefile NTLM SPNEGO SSL SSPI
libz

curl -u mycloud_at_s.com:123456 -X PUT -T “path of the file on your system to
upload” http://sandeep.bix.78ppsnzv1uma.bix.com/destinationfilename

Could someone out there try uploading a file just above 1Gb using windows
command line interface (using credentials and the url I mentioned above)
and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks and Best Regards,

-Sandeep