Re: How to make cURL support other SSL library

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 08:21:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2014, Ryan wrote:

> Our group has a tool (mainly shell scripts) developed on basis of cURL. Now
> our internal security requires the tool to use IBM GSK(Global Security
> Toolkit) library for SSL. I read the document of cURL, and the GSK is not on
> the list of supported SSL. So I am wondering how to make it to support GSK,
> and how big the effort is.

If you're lucky, not much work at all since we already support gskit - all
done nicely by Patrick Monnerat. That's the same lib, isn't it? I'm not really
into that area since it implies hardware and operating systems I'm never even
near.

Adding support for a new library is a matter of implementing a set of
functions and providing a header file. See curl/lib/vtls/*.c for how all the
backends are supported.

Most libcurl hackers (and you'd need to change libcurl) are found on the
curl-library list so you'd have to be there to really do it.